Kevin's off abroad. See what designer sheds he has for us to laugh at.

Pillock Built a Shed is on tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.

Talking of foreigners, I read earlier to day that the Dutch ar thinking of conceding some of the Polders to the sea. They are looking at designs of floating homes.

Now THAT would make a story!

Reply to
Michael McNeil

I always thought it was a pity that the Bangladeshis and dwellers on China's flood plains haven't done something similar.

Certainly would create a few ripples in the hydroponics. :)

Reply to
Arty Flinders

On 08 Sep 2004, Michael McNeil wrote

To paraphrase Churchill: some pillock; some shed.... ;)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

You're just full of envy really....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

In message , Harvey Van Sickle writes

Where's Si ?

Reply to
raden

Personally, I was also quite impressed with the shed.

it had a spiral staircase!

Pecanfan

Why do you say that?

You aught to know I posted before the show. My opinion was based on past performances. (He still fell in love with a a bloody white wall though.)

As for envy, well I envy the designer being able to work so closely with the customer. I envy the amount of money he could afford to spend on the house. And being able to afford three architects and a builder who was better than the three of them combined. And being able to work in an environment where the only planning issue was one of paint colour.

And yes I did like the house. (That's a first.)

That's not true really but the past serii were full of abortions. (Which the pillock eulogised.) There were one or two nice ones in previous episodes. There is no real "in depth" building programme on any channel in the UK at the moment.

Has there ever been one?

Reply to
Michael McNeil