2 gang pull cord

I wish... would have probably done so if I'd known about it before it had happened! (and yes, that was why the Lancaster was in my mind)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Call me lucky but I was in Sheffield that morning. I went to watch it. Three fly overs from the Lancaster.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

ARWadworth wrote in

Here's one on the ground - 582 Pathfinder Squadron.

I'm just tidying up a few folds, rips and water stains on the original pic which is about 100cm wide.

PeterMcC

One of those men must be a relative of yours. What a brilliant photo.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

We had a fly past (twice) from a Lancaster three or four years ago; I forget the occasion. But it flew past very low, along the coast, and we were on the high part of the seafront. It was *really* close!

(Herne Bay in Kent; many will know why that's significant).

Incidentally, there was a double page picture of a Lancaster cockpit in the Mail on Sunday this week. My son would like a poster of this sort of picture; anyone ever seen any?

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , PeterMcC writes

Reply to
geoff

It is one hell of an aeroplane.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

In message , ARWadworth writes

I know that

maybe I should have invested in a smiley or something there

Reply to
geoff

No Lancasters AFAICS, but

and click on "posters" on the left hand menu.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Thanks - interesting site!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm slightly surprised that none of you have found the ideal combination (IMO) - the humidity sensed fan with its own momentary pull cord. I got such a thing off Ebay some 5 years ago for something like =A330 and it works excellently. It's got a label 'RDL' on it.

This does of course require your fan to be near the pan such that the cord hangs nearby and you are reminded therefore to use it!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

replying to Mark, Susan wrote: Hi... In my bedroom I currently have a pull cord light switch. I?m thinking of having a long cord pendant light by the side of my bed... My question is.... Is it possible to buy a PULL CORD light switch that would operate each light fitting individually at separate times.... Kind regards.

Reply to
Susan

No. Such things existed long ago and it's doable to make them. Each pull of the cord turns a wheel 1/4 or 1/6th of a turn. Every other position is both off. Sticky out bits on the wheel press on microswitches - 6 way adds a 'both on' position. Or it could be done with a little digital logic & 2 relays.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Some images here that might be of interest. Whether any of them are available in the UK I've not checked.

I'd be a bit concerned where the cord is in contact with the light bulb though.

Alternatively, a conventional pull-switch immediately adjacent to and wired to the ceiling rose of the particular pendant light you wanted it to control.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

"Mark's" original post for this was on Homeowners Hub in 2008...

Probably the easiest (but certainly not the cheapest) way to do this today would be with a Quinetic 2-gang switch on the bedside table and individual receivers for each light.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

2 pullcords is as easy as it gets. Colour one to avoid confusion. I daresay it could also be done with relay logic! Another option is to use a semirigid drop rod to rotate a cam with microswitches. Or just drop the wires - eg 3 or 4 core - and fit 2 switches.

Susan's question was from today fwiw.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Where do you get that idea? Quinetic receivers: find power cable to light fitting. Cut. Connect receiver. Repeat for other light fitting. Ensure transmitter and receivers talk to each other. Pullcords: find power cable to light. Cut. connect cut ends to Wago or other connector. Run cable to where pullcord switch will be placed. Drill hole in ceiling. Screw switch to ceiling. Pull cable through and connect. Connect to Wago. Repeat for other light fitting.

Of course, I could be wrong. Why not ask Adam which he thinks would take longer?

Colour one to avoid confusion. I daresay it could also be done with relay logic! Another option is to use a semirigid drop rod to rotate a cam with microswitches. Or just drop the wires - eg 3 or 4 core - and fit 2 switches.

I know; that's why I made the suggestion. I wouldn't have bothered if it was from 2008.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

You don't need to colour thencords, just use different ends.

Reply to
charles

ALEXA !!!!, turn the lights off.

Reply to
Andrew

we don't know which is easier because we don't know where the current switching points are. I'm sure the OP can decide on that for themselves.

And you left out the unreliability / short-livedness of consumer electronics. I prefer to fit something that should still be good in 30 years +.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr