Subject Author Posted Replies

ot ion blockrocker
our blockrocker has gone quiet. no sound at all. anyone had and info on these. They cost a lot to replace. Thanks Gary
1
1

kitchen and bathroom paint
Hi, Is it me or was there a time where you could buy one tin of paint labeled "kitchen and bathroom" paint? The sheds now seem to sell separate kitchen and bathroom paints. Is this just a trick to...
5
5

Running LEDs on mains AC
I've just bought some mains coil relays from eBay and they are fitted with a led indicator. It looks like the LED has a series 100k resistor connected in parallel with the coil. I always thought that...
13
13

ot: fancy a choc?

microwave oven failure
Hi, SWMBO says the microwave oven doesn't work properly. She says that sometimes the food comes out cold or at least, not as hot as it should be. Can a microwave oven fail in this way? I thought it...
15
15

dg unit out of timber window grr
How do you get a dg unit out of a timber window? Assume plenty silicone both sides & behind, wooden beads nailed & plenty more silicone... Ended up smashing the bstd :-( Jim K

Conservatory on top of drain/sewer
SWMBO mentioned liking the idea of having a conservatory built onto the living room at the rear of our semi. Unfortunately there is a drain/sewer pipe running directly underneath that part of the...
4
4

Screwfix free tool tray
Tried twice to collect mine, 2 days after receiving mailshot but out of stock ! Phoned their head office who basically said tough and no more will go to stores. I said that they had sent me an offer...
11
11

Gorilla Glue
Is there a good, quick, solvent for removing all traces of Gorilla Glue from objects it has been mistakenly covered with ? Jim Hawkins
14
14

O/T: Mirage mattresses (and other brands).
Anyone heard of them - anyhting to say? I need a new bed and this brand of mattress was offered. It seemed comfortable enough in the short time I spent lying on it in the shop, but of course this...
1
1

Handrail on stairs
I need to install a handrail on some fairly steep stairs with treads that are not very deep back to front. Is there a standard height above the treads at which a rail should be fixed? And is there a...
7
7

indesit frig freezer
Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker. It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a larger circle. Below the arrow is...
14
14

Apple press?
Looking at the mass of apples on our trees has me thinking of apple juice - especially the fermented variety ;-) Any suggestions of makes and designs, especially whether it is better to go for a...
6
6

Antex bits
Hi All. I need a fine bit for my ancient Antex X25, but all I see available are XS bits. Does anyone know if the XS bits are going to fit my X25? Thanks.
3
3

free cost
http://MegaStoon.Com/?share=56593 http://sms.megastoon.com/sms.php?share=56593