Subject Author Posted Replies

infra red thermometer
Just out of interest what is the range of these things, I have a cheapo £7 I bought on ebay which I have used around the house and it appears pretty accurate. The current temp for here is 0C so I get...
16
16

Fridge always on...
I have a integrated/under-worktop fridge (it's a Howden's unbranded one - best guess is Hygena APN6121) in a house that I rent out, and the tenant's complaining that it's always running and too cold....
12
12

[OT] Slow streaming from IP camera
I have one of these It works fine, but the streaming speed is very disappointing most of the time. It is connected wirelessly - the signal is very strong - all the other equipment around the house is...
12
12

Hey! I upload epic epic remix in 1 hours you must go check it out!
Hey! I upload epic epic remix in 1 hours you must go check it out! Go look my youtube channel!

OT: car breakdown cover (again)
The AA renewal has just come through - a short call to them got the price down by £42 (grrr!!!) but the AA's charging policy annoys me so much that I rang my insurance broker to see what they could...
30
30

Hypothetical building control question...
Let's assume a friend has had a garage built, big enough that PP and BC are required. BC have been to see the work-in-progress and sign it off so far. There's only one more visit required, to check...
19
19

Tyre shoes?
I was wondering, why don't they make shoes with soles out of the same rubber as car tyres? Then they wouldn't wear out so damn quickly. There seem to be a few "eco-friendly" companies doing it, but...
35
35

B*ggerit! Not ripped off by Vaillant
Our regularly unserviced 8yr old Vaillant boiler broke down last week. Local man failed repeatedly to fix it. Vaillant offered a £300 fixed price repair deal. I guess they gamble that most repairs...
1
1

Rats
Got rats in the garden enthusiastically getting at any food I'm putting out for the birds. Some do's and don'ts to get rid of them please. My first impulse was to look at air-rifles. Might be fun but...
50
50

Man backs down in internet argument
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/12/03/man-backs-down-in-internet-argument/
7
7

OT-base 64 decode a MIME email
X-post. OT but the usual suspects may well know an answer. I am getting emails from an Exchange Server which are messing with my copy of Windows Live Mail. The problems may well be in the area of...
16
16

BBC discover Mankind
After years dismissing or denigrating men's achievements, the feminist-biased BBC today announced that the Mars mission would be for "mankind". Usually they just say "men and women" to emphasise that...
4
4

Combi (Ideal Logic 24) is burning away when remote thermostat is set as "off"...
Hi all, I have an "Ideal Logic Combi 24", which was installed two years ago by British Gas engineers. When I switch it off via the remote thermostat/controller, it still keeps burning for a very long...
5
5

Smoking log burner - Solved!
For years, seemingly at random, my log stove has smoked when being lit. I can tell it's going to happen because I can feel, by putting my hand in the stove, a draught coming down the chimney. We've...
16
16

Monoblock tap tails - onto which copper fitting?
Kitchen fitting happening (hooray). I have to make a proper job of the tap connections, which is a monobloc mixer with tails that look like: on the left end - 15mm nut, what looks like a rubber washer...
12
12