Subject Author Posted Replies

i-Pad and Zoom.
I host a Zoom meeting. One of us is 99 years old - but still manages pretty well, living on his own, with help for shopping etc. Sadly, rather far away from where I live. He manages to join the...
9
9

Ink carts for sale
Before I shove this lot on eBay: I've got a number of ink cartridge sets (compatibles, not OEM) for these Canon printers if anyone's interested. I bought these from BadgerInks and the printer stopped...

Re: New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS
Hello Would anyone know if there was a URL for beyond radio for the north west of the uk?? regards
4
4

Vaillant chimney sweep mode
A plumber (actually not a plumber but somebody who thinks he is a plumber) told me that, upon restarting the gas heating after a long summer pause, my old Vaillant (late 1990s) should be blasted at...
17
17

How can I resuscitate a Bosch dishwasher?
My Bosch built-in dishwasher seems to be pretty dead - no lights showing, and no response to the on/off switch. It seemed fine when I ran it yesterday, but probably didn't finish its cycle. SWMBO...
15
15

Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!
Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the...
8
8

Gas shortage UK
It's happening already.... 've never seen the cables from Europe maxed out before. Looks like the gas tank's running out.... Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
240
240

Reverse osmosis water filter
Wondering about collecting rainwater and filtering it for drinking. Potential future water crisis... Going off grid, you never know do you? Has anyone got a set up? If so what have you got and are...
6
6

Mains power voltage drop to reduce usage?
Instead of rolling blackouts when there's a power shortage, why don't we just allow (or deliberately) the voltage and frequency to drop? Wouldn't that make a lot of devices use less?
811
811

Fill gap round flue through ceiling - and hold
Our (professionally installed) wood/coal burning stove has a vertical 6" flue running straight up and through the ceiling. We have a fan on the top of the flue which is needed occasionally when the...
11
11

Keep hand saw vertical
Although I can cut in a straight line, I cannot seem to keep the saw vertical. Are there any guides or supports I can buy. Frankly I wouldn't know what to search for. I am shortly going to have cut...
10
10

Hot radiator
My house has a conventional oil-fired boiler, hot water tank in the upstairs bathroom airing cupboard, tanks overhead in the loft. There is a radiator in close proximity to the airing cupboard, and...
23
23

Memory stick issue.
Having issue with memory stick existing files that are on it open ok but when I try to add another file I get this message.. "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. Error 0x0071AC3...
6
6

I have long said that we should have a ballot on nuclear and, if the vote is against it, those that voted against it should be the ones to be cut-off if there is a power shortage.
3
3

Re: Ping TNP re BBC R4 Today Sizewell C
Well, you do give it a go, don't you. #Paul