Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

Reply to
tony sayer

In article <pjjJ2$PSp+ snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk>, tony sayer snipped-for-privacy@bancom.co.uk> scribeth thus

Someone's just mailed me their called Cross Dowels!..

tony sayer

Cross dowel nuts

Cross dowel bolts and nuts, or just bed bolts, or cot bolts

SF seem to sell the bolts, but not the nuts, TS sell neither, try amazon

Andy Burns

Do you mean like a coupling nut or connector:

or a threaded insert:

John Rumm

I remember the old bolt-together, iron bedsteads. They were as rigid as f*ck; no give in them whatsoever. Anyone know what they were made from?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Cast iron, I think. Extremely heavy. We had one or two in the 60s, and I remember assisting in their assembly. A "bed key" was required - ie a ring spanner of about (IIRC) 5/8" or 3/4". The base was made of spring steel.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Are you sure about this? Most I've seen are in fact kind of abit like expanding sections of those rawl bolt wall plugs, or they may have a kind of star configuration to stop them rotating or just be attattached to metal or wood in some other way. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Screwfix

Screws, Nails & Fixings / Fixings & Fasteners / Furniture Fixings

Cross Dowels M6 x 16mm 50 Pack (67762) £4.29

Cross Dowel Nuts & Bolts - various -

wasbit

In article <tkai1m$3i44v$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribeth thus

I've got the right ones from screwfix and is now all sorted:)

thanks..

Reply to
tony sayer