Subject Author Posted Replies

Totally OT: Pet hates
I parked up in the local retail park this morning to drop SWAMBO off for an eye check whilst I picked up a few things from the shop. Not being the typ e that feels the urge to park as near the door of...
158
158

OT Came across this! Supercavitation.
Supercavitation Interesting stuff.
4
4

Spur off a 13Amp socket
I have wired in a spur 13A socket - but I am really struggling to actually connect the spur into a socket which has the ring main . The problem is the three wires which need to go into each terminal....
13
13

Dimmer switch
I will be doing a temp hook up of some LED panels for testing purposes (previously Halogen) if I keep the dimmer light switch on full power will that be ok to use in the short term or do I have to...
9
9

lidl pir light
hi please can anyone help, I've bought a lidl pir light it has three wires brown (live) blue ( neutral) and red ( which states letter A), coming from my house from my old pir light there are the...
5
5

heating / hot water - whole new system
good morning i have just gutted a four bedroom townhouse over threes floors - ground / first and attic. i have therefore to decide what heating / hot system i should put back in as there is nothing...
38
38

Screwfix freebie
They're giving away a portable powerbank for charging mobiles. Picked mine up earlier, it'll make a small present for the grandchild next Xmas.
8
8

Tumbler lock lubricants
Take the cylinder out (easy if Euro), pop in a plastic bag with a bit of solvent (white spirit, tri, lacquer thinner), drop in a cheap ultrasound cleaner full of water, run. Repeat with clean solvent....
4
4

Chasing new switch wire for extra switch...
I want to add an additional switch for my lounge light so I can also operate it from another doorway. Solid walls so chasing is indicated. New switch will be on same wall as existing one. What's best?...
11
11

General purpose kitchen knife sharpener - is this any good?
For 'every day' kitchen knife sharpening are these any good:- If not what would anyone suggest for keeping ordinary knives sharp? That's knives used for peeling potatoes etc. It would also be nice if...
17
17

Shaving Gel - no thanks
Just back from trying to buy Gillette shaving *foam* from tesco. Almost all is shaving Gel - which I dislike (too scented and as far as I am concerned - stinks!). I evventually found some foam but is...
10
10

Neat installation - but.....
In a council owned building - recently built. Neat conduit instalation dropping mains down to a spur outlet feeding a convector heater. But - partway down the wall was a Besa Box with a room...
5
5

Samll problem with garage door remote
I have an automatic garage door operated by remote control. I have 3 remotes , two of which are Hormins, the manufacturer, the other an independent remote. Mostly they work fine, but after dark...
8
8

OT: Harrys folly?
Guranteed to reduce the range and treble the fuel consumption of your electric car! Accueil — EP Tender
12
12

OT: The unravelling of Yarns..
A major shipwreck kills yet more immigrants at sea. A major shipwreck threatens the Tories and the 'stay in campaign'. The Washington times uncovers dodgy climate change data and links it to the...
5
5