Bath Recommendation

I'm planning on fitting a new bath. Just want a decent compromise at a reasonable price, and have this for reference:

It'll have a tap/shower arrangement over, and a shower curtain.

Any suggestions, or is the Wickes one about as good as it gets at that sort of price?

Reply to
RJH

I hate baths which I can feel buckling under my (more than adequate) weight, so went for a steel one instead of acrylic

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've got an acrylic bath from bathstore.com and it's movement is imperceptible. There's a very substantial slap of board set in the base (built into the fibreglass) and I supported it all round.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I hate panels that bulge out. Inevitably they get pressed in and will break.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I always make wood or tiled panels.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For an attractive finish you could run the bathroom carpet up the bath panels, as in this stylish example:

You may wish to don sunglasses before viewing these pictures. Or welding goggles.

Reply to
Graham Nye

I had a breakfast bar where the carpet ran up the fascia but also out under the soffit of the counter, so it tickled your knees (to put it politely).

Quite useful for wiping greasy fingers on though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I did the lino in my grandmother's kitchen 30+ years ago, and I left the lino curved up into the kickspace. Wasn't originally intending to do that, but not having a corner there made it much easier to clean.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I hadn't considered having a dining-bedroom before ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, point taken - that can easily exceed the cost of the bath. Madness.

:-)

For this application I'm happy enough using T&G pine, with a groove cut into some 2x1 for corners and ends. Not much more than £10 and looks OK.

Reply to
RJH