Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: EXCEL file won't print in Landscape
I have an EXCEL file that insists on only printing graphs in portrait mode, which means they occupy only the top half of an A4 page and are half the size that they could be. Other EXCEL files will...
8
8

O.T. Appointment booking software
The charity I work for needs some kind of online appointment booking software system There's lots of it out there but I wondered if anyone had any experience of anything they'd found particularly...
4
4

OT Personality test.
An interesting self survey of 16 personality types. Test takes about 10 min..... Free personality test - take it to find out why our readers say that this personality test is so accurate, “it's a...
6
6

Inside Electric Mountain: Britain's biggest rechargeable battery
"This is because the two reservoirs are linked by one of Britain?s biggest post-war industrial projects: the Dinorwig pumped storage power station, hidden within this mountain. It is effectively a...
47
47

I assume the apprentice got it in the neck
I assume the apprentice got it in the neck. Not fair, really. Forgetting your bomb is an easy mistake to make.
28
28

Problem with mozilla
This morning when attempting to send messages from any email (I have a number) to any address I get this error: An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: Your...
42
42

Re-roofing a shed
A few years ago I posted about this; now I need to do something this year - before my tuit gets dripped on from the brand new crack! The roof is corrugated asbestos cement, single pitch, about 8 deg....
15
15

Stihl strimmer won't stop
Stihl split boom strimmer won't stop when off switch engaged. Is this a simple fix ?
6
6

Extending the life of a disposable razor blade
Been stropping my Mach 3 blade for 9 months now with a pair of jeans and getting a good shave, as stropping like that only does one side what could I use to strop the other sides?
3
3

re roofing with fibreglass and resin
I wonder if anyone has experience of placing fibreglass over an existing flat roof? I have a building which is simply a flat roof fixed between rendered brick walls. The problem is the steel profile...
6
6

One very productive Saturday...
Me and mate stripped 90% of the plasterboard from upstairs: The floor is protected with DPM sheet (that was a total win in terms of clearing up - as was a new Henry which did not clog all the time...
10
10

Strange joists in offshot bathroom floor/kitchen ceiling
I've had to do some exploratory & other surgery in the kitchen ceiling (also bathroom floor) as a result of a loose connection in an old junction box (kitchen & bathroom lights went off sometimes but...
13
13

Re-purpose wiring
There is mains wiring running from the fuse box to the immersion heater. As the cylinder is going to be removed, is there a reason that the wiring can not be re-used to power the following: 1)...
8
8

Cheap multi-tool blades
While looking for something completely different (automatic welding mask, mines getting flakey) I found these multi-tool blades, incredibly cheap compared with local prices:- Scroll down a little from...
19
19

Instantaneous Water Heaters
I think I'm being a bit stupid, but I can't work out the operation of these units. If you have a instantaneous gas water heater do you have to keep changing the unit's set temperature when you want to...
8
8