Subject Author Posted Replies

Big reductions on some TurboUltra stainless screws at Screwfix just now
I was just looking for some small sizes of TurboUltra stainless screws at Screwfix and thus searched for 'TurboUltra' and sorted by price. As a result I spotted some bargains on larger sizes, e.g.:-...

Nuisance calls near zero
Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single call in over 7 days. I don't really understand why - most...
54
54

[Cured} added to the front of most junk emails
Recently I get the above, about 90% of the time. I use Mozilla Thunderbirds. Not a problem I just am pondering on the meaning.
3
3

Maybe OT: LED bulb for car interior light
First asked this in but just thought there is probably more chance of someone knowing this in here :D Looking at replacing the normal bulb in the interior cabin light of the car with an LED. It's a...
26
26

On Site guide page 69 cable buried in plaster
My house has solid walls with plaster, I was going to groove the plaster and bury cable in it Do I need plastic conduit? I've got the yellow on site guide, trying to work out what size cable to buy,...
3
3

Splicing wires in car heater...
HI All There's a known problem with the multi-tapped resistor that provides heater blower speed control on my Pug 307sw. The resistor pack plugs into the wiring loom, and, under certain conditions or...
31
31

OT - more Wndows 10 issues (updates)
I left updating Windows 10 until the last fortnight of Microsoft's 12-month window, in the hope that other mugs would have finished beta-testing it by then, while still giving me time to revert to...
61
61

in the shadow land...
I was alerted to something I'd not thought of the other day when on a phone in a guy was annoyed that the council had passed an application to build a high rise block so that it would in effect take...
2
2

OT Solar energy generated in the UK.overtook coal last Summer.
Plus:- How to get paid twice for electricity in the future. Already happening in Germany. Possible new source of income? For six months until September, more electricity came from sunlight than...
105
105

Bottle trap seal unavailable
We have just had YW installing a water meter under the kitchen sink, just days after I agreed to have one last week. In anticipation of them wanting to fit it under the sink, I removed a shelf, which...
8
8

Plywood with lots of plies
I am looking for plywood around 10mm thick. Very strong, and with lots of thin plies, rather than the usual stuff that has only a couple of plies each way. Any idea where to get this. It's to make a...
9
9

Something to fix to Citroen C4 GP roof bar for support
Sadly SWMBOs MS is not being kind, and transfers to/from the car are becoming problematic. The main problem being spasmy legs which refuse to behave. Before we go down the route of changing car for a...
17
17

I have broken blinds
Basically I pulled the blinds off the wall, the screw is loose and the silver bracket thing it normally is attached too and the plug wall thing has come out and is really loose, the other side of it...
3
3

Small (as in 2mm diameter, or so) stainless woodscrews - supplier?
I have a niggling feeling I have asked this before (probably some years ago) but I can't find the answers if so. I'm after supplies of small stainless steel woodscrews. Sizes down to 3mm seem to be...
8
8

Central Heating Fault Diagnosis
Hi all Hoping someone will be able to confirm my suspicions regarding lack of heat to ground floor. The system is an open vented S Plan Plus (I think). Essentially it has 3 motorised valves, one for...
25
25