Re: Diamond Brand Tools

To xyz789, realize your post is about a month old, but if you are still looking for Diamond Brand hand tools, I believe they are only available at mom and pop type hardware stores now days. The chain stores don't usually carry them any more. The Diamond Brand, as they now exist are not really professional grade tools. Your father's were probably the original Diamond Brand forged by Diamalloy(not certain of the spelling), originally the Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company that unfortunately is no longer in business. And also unfortunately the prices you saw on e~bay are probably what you will pay to get original Diamond Brand. They have, particularly recently, gained immense popularity that has elevated them to the status of desired collectibles. The best resource for the original brand at reasonable prices, I have found is old farm and real estate liquidation auctions, where they are often bundled with other hand tools and sold in lots, the average person, or person with no interest in tooling as a rule have no idea of their value...and if you do find some at these places reasonably,......I expect a cut....lol....just kidding, good luck in your search for them, they are well worth the effort required.~TB~Just an after thought, these tools are still in production, used widely and preferred in industrial production environments, but not well received in the general retail market was a brand called Proto, now if you go buy a new set they are generally in line with Kobalt, Snap-On and Matco brands and in some catalogs are priced even higher, but I have found them at auctions for a song, very well made, resilient tools that in my opinion will have high resale value to a collector and will last a user for a lifetime.

Reply to
Tony Berlin

xyz789

Reply to