Craftsman 10" Radial Saw: Loose track part way

I have a used Craftsman 10-inch Radial Arm saw and the only problem is that I can't get the saw to slide snug ALL the way. When it's back I can wiggle it quite a bit and as I move towards me it gets firm like it should be.

If the travel all the way was loose I know it adjustment or Eccentric bult needs adjustment. But Being it's only when arm is back the rear

1/2 of the travel it's loose.

can someone suggest other ways to fix, or if it is just the track arm needing replacing. (or if there is a way to adjust this :-)

Thanks

Reply to
james

Hi James,

First make certain that you do not have a build up of wood tar etc. on the front half of the guide bars. This will cause your problem, if you adjust the bearings mid travel, the back will be loose, and tend to tighten as you come forward.

If the bars are clean, make certain that the bearings/rollers are in good shape. If they skip roll you can get a similar type of problem.

Dave

james wrote:

Reply to
remove