3 gal harbor fright air compressor when i pull triger on nail gun the pressure dips down to low to use

is it worth rebuilding or should i deep six it . I think it might be the regulator but not sure

Reply to
dave E

If it shows the right tank pressure on the tank manometer (I believe 100 psi is the max for this compressor) and yet there isn't enough air for a single nail shot, there's definitely something wrong with the regulator or the nail gun.

If you're positive it's not the nail gun, Harbor Freight sells what looks like a suitable regulator replacement for something like $10.99.

Be sure to open the top of the compressor's plastic cover to check the threads on the stock regulator before buying though - I don't have that info handy.

You should also be able to simply remove the original regulator and attach a new one outside of the compressor (but close to it) .

If you can't fix it, I guess it would be nice to be able to use it at least as a 3 gallon backup compressed air tank. You would still have to open the cover to remove the regulator which only works one way.

Reply to
homeowners