what's a wet wall as opposed to a standard wall when ordering a soap dish?

Wetwall is actually a brand name of a waterproof paneling system by Shore that's designed to be an alternative to tiles.

I don't believe they can actually get you a true recessed soap dish for Wetwall because making a cutout for it would compromise the panel. If they make such accessories, I haven't seen them.  I think it is likely the type that has a "feel" of a recessed accessory but actually sticks out from the wall.

Anyhow, yours is a standard tiled wall.

Reply to
homeowners

I need to order a recessed soap dish and the question comes up in which need to specify a wet wall or a standard wall. The soap dish is for a combination shower/bathtub and sits just above the bathtub rim. The walls of the bathtub is ceramic tile.

Reply to
Jon S