Latest threads in Roofshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Where might I find 3 Tab Dual Brown shingles near Dayton Ohio? Menards has discontinued those shingles and only carries dimensional.
No further details provided
1
1

Finding manufacturer on shingles.
I recently purchased a home that is only 12 years old. The shingles already need to be replaced. How do I find the manufacturer to try to make a claim.
1
1

foil faced roofing felt
With an existing roof does anyone make a foil faced roofing felt?

Unfinshed roof job and rain
Out roofers removed the old shingles but left before putting the new ones on. It rained dueinf the night and water leaked into the house. I think this is a major problem but the company claims it is...
6
6

Roof Ridge venting width
A few days ago I bought some roof ridge venting for a storage shed that I'm building. The man asked me if I wanted 9" wide or 11" wide. I told him 9" wide, but I don't think that I thought about it...
2
2

I want to add a ridge vent to my existing roof, architectural shingles are about nine years old: is this the way to go??
No further details provided
3
3

how well does Roof-It (Roof Coating Sealer) work
No further details provided
1
1

why does my ins charge 2% replacement cost for a new roof
My house has been through several hail storms and Farmers Ins refuses to give me a new roof. I have a wood shake roof; I was told 2 different things. First my ins agent told me if I replaced the roof...
3
3

what is the difference between 2 and 3 layers of tar?
What about a 7 year vs 15 year warranty? Thanks..
1
1

Advice as how to apply ridge cap
No further details provided
2
2

How long should a second layer of 30 yr. shingles last before I need to replace all ?
We put a second layer of 30 yr. shingles over the existing shingles about 17 yrs. ago. We notice a few pieces of shingles on the ground and was wondering if this meant it was time for a whole new...
6
6

continuous ridge vent versus cupola?
building passive solar home. want to know efficiency of continuous ridge vent versus cupola vent. Prefer cupola re:aesthetics.
14
14

Where can I find small rain gutters for a hardtop gazebo or how can I make them? (2023 Update)
I have a 10' x 12' hardtop gazebo and would like to put rain gutters on 2 sides. Anyone know where I can find small gutters or is there a way to make them myself? What would I need?
21
21

roof shingles are deteriorating. Can I replace them one-by-one?
There are just a couple of them that look kind of funny. It's a low roof on the garage side and I think I can manage to get to them. Just don't want to mess it all up by lifting a shingle in the...
16
16