Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Move Clothes Washer Around Corner
I want to relocate my clothes washer to the other side of an inside corner. Existing service is 2" ABS running inside a 6" wall. I can access the underside easily from the basement. Existing wall and...
1
1

Plumbers are fat slobs.
Whenever i call for a plumber, they send me a fat, muddy, reject. I be so sick en tire of callin dem but my wife clogs de toilet after she eat a bucket of Kentukee fry'd chikin. Ill will do what i...
2
2

POS Flushmaster flapper
The flapper "installed" nice enough (there's not much to install). But soon after, I had to fiddle with the way the "chain" hooks up. (I no longer recall why, but almost certainly I had to fiddle for...
1
1

Remove Radiator
Hi I am decorating my lounge and want to remove the radiator to paint behind it (i might even replace it). Its an old thin radiator with the thermostat at the top and the two pipes come out of the...
3
3

Frost Free Sillcock
I have just had a new frost free sillcock installed. It leaks intermittantly from where the plastic faucet is joined to the metal pipe that sticks out from the house. This happens mostly when I use a...
3
3

anti-seize compound on plumbing ?
Is it a good idea to put some kind of anti-seize compound when you install faucet valves etc. The idea is that years later you want to be able to easily unbolt, extract a valve stem etc without...
8
8

Moen faucet stem model #1225 compatible with #1225B ?
Could someone please tell me if the Moen faucet stem model #1225B is compatible with #1225 ? Ie. if I take a #1225B can I use it to replace a leaky faucet that have the Moen #1225 ?
1
1

gas line for a pool heater
good day .... I am installing a new 250,000 BTU Hayward gas pool heater that was given to me , I tapped into the existing gas line in my basement and ran a 1 '' gas line to the pool heater . it is...
1
1

question about galvanized plastic pipe
I have galvanized plastic pipe, it's gray, in my house. I wanted to add a new line to a second hot water heater. I cut the line were I need to sweat in the line to the new hot water heater but every...
6
6

vertical wet venting
Dear Readers, My locality recently switched to the I.P.C. I want to tie in a washing machine on the basement floor to the 2" drain/vent for my kitchen sink. Can I re-vent the washing machine...
4
4

types of cu
Why is it that the copper tubing/pipe is rated as type K, L, or M and not say, A, B, or C?
6
6

Combi boiler issue - HELP
Help needed please! Recently I completely drained my combi boiler central heating system so that I could replace radiator valves. After re-pressurising the system, bleeding all the rads then...
1
1

Drilling into a ceramic toilet. What drill should I use?
I'm installing an aftermarket bidet attachment and I want to drill into a toilet. It's about 1 inch thick ceramic where I want to drill. What sort of drill bit should I use. Will a masonary bit work?...
2
2

Coffee grounds and plumbing?
I had a plumber tell me "Never put coffee grounds down the sink". I don't know why,and I'm asking for your advice. I have a septic tank. Would this make a difference? PS: I no longer have this...
1
1

PIPE - For those who never saw this...
------------------------------------------------------------------------- UNITED STATES ARMY PIPE SPECIFICATION 1. All pipe is to be made of a long hole, surrounded by metal or plastic centered around...
1
1