WOULD YOU BUY IT?

In my free time, I invent stuff. Most of the stuff I invent relates to the plumbing trade (duh). I have over 30 inventions on my computer. Here is one thing I invented. I have found it to be very helpful in the field (especially on commercial work).

You simply take a 4" pump ball. I build an adapter where I can attach my 4" pumpball directly on the end of a piece of 1/2" pex pipe. Using this setup, I can shove that pump ball deep into the pipe directly through the open pipe that I use for my 10' head test. I pump up the ball through a fitting on the end of the 1/2" pex pipe.

I can shove that pumpball into the building drain 20, 30, 40 feet...whatever is required. I don't have to use it much. But this thing saves lots and lots of work and prevents lots and lots of water from spilling all over the ground where I'm working.

I'm just trying to get some feedback on this invention. I had to have some of the fittings custom-made at a local metal shop and wasn't sure if there was enough interest out there to place an order for a short run of 1000. Opinions?

Reply to
Blackbeard

What situation would require you to push a test ball that far in?

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

I invented a no house call plumming service. I took Auto Cad, you call me and for a 1 family home you tell me on paper what all distances are. For $800.00 I design the whole home from my puter. I tell all whys and how. I can get it near to the fitting. Most times... The whole set up is not bad, $5,000 for Auto Desk, rent a plotter and a large puter screen is needed. Since you teach you can borrow Cad from school. Heh. Beat that one !

Reply to
<JP>

Oh, I'm also thinking of having complete plumming supplies to sell to the DIY. All plastic, copper and fittings to sell for each home. I'll tell them right out some things will have be obtained at a supply store for the BS factor.... It works as people think they save money as a DIY'er.

Reply to
<JP>