Water backing up from sump pump

The sump pump installed 2 years ago is found to malfunction. During downpour, I can see water receding back all over the basement? When does this happen? Should I go for a complete replacement of the sump pump?

Reply to
SusanneX10

replying to SusanneX10, Iggy wrote: Not necessarily. The Pump may be blocked on its underside or inlet, the Check Valve may have been installed backwards or the drain pipe may be clogged inside or outside. Call a plumber in to assess the pump and sump and entire installation. Any repairs are extremely easy to test immediately for full and proper operation.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to SusanneX10, Norajhon wrote: Install the new pump above the sump and run water and drain lines. A battery-powered pump is a great backup for your main sump pump, especially if your house is supplied by a well.

Reply to
Norajhon