types of cu

Why is it that the copper tubing/pipe is rated as type K, L, or M and not say, A, B, or C?

Reply to
OrkoPolo

I've no idea.

Reply to
Red Jacket

because K is 10000 diceadameters thick L is 5000 and M is 1000

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Not even Google knows what a "diceadameters" is. And Decimeter would make it ridiculously thick, do you mean micrometers

Are you implying that is follows Roman numeral rules (except K is not roman and should be 1000 and L should be 5)

My guesses:

The letters were chosen by a material scientist who may have imitated the sequence used to describe electron orbital.

A, B and C were probably already taken and X,Y, Z generally represent direction, KLM is typically the third most preferred letter sequence. Letter sequences of more than 3-5 members are not desireable.

Reply to
AutoTracer

your right!

lol "diceadameters" pronounced (dick-head-a-meters)

Reply to
Ned Flanders

Oops, I forgot to look at who wrote that post and I also forgot to put you in my kill file (done)

Not even Freud could help you Ned

Reply to
AutoTracer

i win