vertical wet venting

Dear Readers,

My locality recently switched to the I.P.C. I want to tie in a washing machine on the basement floor to the 2" drain/vent for my kitchen sink. Can I re-vent the washing machine (basement) above the drain for the kitchen sink (1st floor) and be OK with code or will I need to put another hole in my roof? Thanks for any insights. It seems like reventing above the drain should be fine, but it's not very clear to me.

Reply to
Rald

I have been doing some more reading. An easier way to comply with code requirements seems to just use an air admittance valve (aav). Does this look right? Thanks again for any insights.

| | 2" vertical vent to roof | |

----Horizontal branch to Kitchen (1st floor) | | | | AAV (>4" abv trap) | |

-------|_|--- new branch to Washer (basement) | | 2" drain into slab that connects with main.

Reply to
Rald

Nah, if its a ' cheater ' vent you just tie it in 6" above the highest rim. An Air Gap is used on washing machines.

The sink must be vented to stop backups, odors and so on.

Reply to
Red Jacket

Yes, you can use an air admittance valve as long as it is in a accesible location. You also could revent the washing machine above the flood level rim of the kitchen sink.

Reply to
ebo walker

Reply to
Dale Wilcox