Relocating Plumbing Vent Pipe

Current scenerio: Vent pipe goes up to 7' inside exterior wall. 45 elbow directs vent pipe into garage. Another 45 elbow in garage sends pipe vertical through garage roof. Looks like this->

| | / / | | Problem: It's a 2 floor house with attached garage. When vent pipe exits garage roof, it's right next to 2nd floor exterior wall. 1) Exterior wall needs to be resided and contractor wants the pipe moved to ease his repair job. 2)Vent pipe collar flashing thingy extends under current siding. The house has original siding and then vinyl siding over it and that makes siding go over the vent collar.

My Proposed solution: Cut vent pipe in garage after first 45 elbow exiting from wall. Add second 45 elbow to make vent pipe go horizontal. Add another 12" pipe to move it further away from wall. Then 90 elbow going through new hole in roof. Like this->

| | / _ _ _/ / / | | Questions?

1) Is it legal to make vent pipe go horizontal? 2) How far does the vent pipe need to extend above the garage roof? I was going to measure the existing one, but the code could have changed since the house was built 45 years ago.
Reply to
Bob B
  1. yes, at least by my code here.

  1. 2 feet