Re: New home - Pex tubing for plumbing?

- David -

I saw Pex tubing used for supply lines in one home. Should I > use this product or traditional copper tubing?

- Nehmo ? A better question would be, "Is there any reason I should use copper for inside water plumbing?" These guys

advocate the material, but they might as well give up. Here's a Plumbing & Mechanical plumber survey summary:
And here's a pro-copper pdf,
if you want the other side.

My suggestions: Use PEX, and don't rely on the plumbing contractor's advice. A lot of them aren't up on what's happening. There's more than one brand of PEX (cross-linked polyethylene), so choose. There are many other design considerations beyond material selection. For example, is a manifold system the way to go?

Supply more details about your planned house: size, location, heating & cooling system, etc.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

If it's your house, go with copper. it's tried, trued, and proven. pex from what i understand is ok, but the big IF is. the installer. unless you get a tried, trued and proven installer of pex, STAY AWAY it.

Reply to
no