pex pipe question

House is plumbed with pex pipe. I want to modify the bathroom layout. The pex is terminated with 1/2 copper tubing 6" long. Can I solder a 1/2"fitting on tubing without damaging the pex/copper joint? If so need help about using non solder 1/2" shark bite connectors on copper tubing or the pex itself. Advice and ideas needed. Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

you can solder, but be careful, wrap a wet rag around the copper between where your soldering and where the pex connection is to slow the heat transfer to the pex, and only heat the pipe enough for the solder to flow freely, and you should be fine.

Leon Bourassa Canadian Red Seal Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter BYRD Plumbing & Heating

Reply to
Leon Bourassa

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson