How to Deal with Unexpected Plumbing Problems?

Plumbing probPlumbing issues disturb our normal life so badly that we are left with option none other than calling in a professional. Most of the homeowner’s try to fix plumbing problems on their own, but end up augmenting the trouble. Please share your experience.
replying to cynthiamyra, rupertwelliams wrote: I think the most common solution is get a contractor for installing this. I think they are the most experienced and know-it-all figure in this kind of problem. I myself have been doing this a lot lately but i take contractors to fix it. Well, the pay's worth it though.