ferncos

Hey,

Who said 2" ferncos won't work on 1.5" PVC? I just saved myself a whole bunch of pain and sorrow (not that it'd pass inspection or anything).

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Shame on you Mikey. Why dontcha just use duct tape next time? :>)

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Bob,

I knew I'd be in it for this from you, but sometimes there's a pragmatic aspect to problems that just can't be ignored.

In a local greasy spoon that I frequent, there was a PVC drain ran in the core of those enameled block walls used in public buildings. The pipe pulled out of a 1.5" coupling, but I could only expose the pipe in one block (or a whole bunch of other complicated and bad things would have to be done).

When I cut the pipe, there just wasn't enough give in an 1.5" fernco. In desparation, I grabbed a 2". There was enough give, and thanks to my unusually strong forearms, and my 5/16" nutdriver, it tightened down.

So my new rule is that if someone else does something like this, I condemn them. If I do it, it's a stroke of genius.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Ahhh....I see. You didn't have enough room to use duct tape.:>)

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

I put 2" caps over 1 1/2 couplings when i air test

Reply to
Ned Flanders

"Ned Flanders" cofessed:

I once glued a 3" PVC coupling inside a 4" PVC pipe because I didn't have a reducer.

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Mike Grooms