Changing Careers, getting out of computers

Hi all, I'm making a career change (i'm 40) and going back to school for a plumbing and/or pipefitting associates from New England Tech. according to the RI occupational requirements, a 2 year degree in a vo-tech and 2 years as an apprentice to get to JourneyPerson. My question is, can I go thru my apprenticeship for both Plumbing and Pipefitting together under the same licensed person? or is it a requirement to apprentice each seperately ? I'm assuming the 2 year degree is similar for both, just a matter of getting in a few more classes. I plan to get in the first year of my associates degree in the next 2 years while still working in my current field, then start an apprentiship while I get the last year of my associate degree. Does anyone see any holes in this plan ? I'd appreciate any advice I can get..

Thanx in advance, Greg, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

This is not a mid-life crisis, I'm totally fed up with idiots in the computer field and want to get back into construction.

Reply to
gthorn