Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tap Leaking
Hi When my wife and I go away for a few days we always shut off the hot and cold taps to the high pressure hoses on our washing machine. When we return and open them up again, the hot water tap leaks...
2
2

Jammed valve
Hi! I was trying to replumb some part of the hot water pipe leading to the washing machine. I tried to shut off the hot water by closing the valve on the cold water feed to the hot water tank. It is...
1
1

Question about water pressure in relation to valve and feeder pipe diameters...
My shower lacks pressure so I want to replace the existing 1/2 inch copper pipe that leads up to it with 3/4 inch copper pipe. Obviously, if done correctly this will increase the water pressure...
70
70

Garden Tap And Nonreturn valve
Hi, I am in the UK, South west. I am replumbing my garden tap since the nonreturn valve integrated inside the tap is no longer working and the current regulations require the valve to be inside the...
2
2

Sloan Valve mysteries
Why does it always seem that whenever you touch a sloan valve in anyway, it always seems to require parts? Either an O-ring, handle kit, or vacuum breaker, toilet spud.... Something else always seems...
1
1

Valving for a Baxi Luna 310fi
I am self installing a Baxi Luna 310fi wall hung boiler in a new construction home and need some help identifying the selection of valves and fittings supplied with is limited documentation as to...
1
1

Pipe bender problem
I have a 4yr old Rothenberger hand bender for copper pipe which has started to ripple the pipe on bends made. I,ve cleaned the guides,former and pipe as well as lubricating the rollers with...
2
2

PEX
Well, After spending $14.50 for 10' of 1/2" copper yesterday, should I give in and start using this stuff, or should I resist the temptation?
1
1

Home water pressure increases when water heater is used
Home water pressure increases when water heater is used. Installed the following new parts. * water heater * pressure regulator on the main supply line * pressure gauge on the cold line in the house,...
6
6

New to working with copper
I have a 2 3/4 inch copper pipes that were capped off when originally installed. I now want to add on to them. I have heated the caps with a torch until the solder was bobbling, but I cant get the...
4
4

Leak through pipe penetration
I have a sizeable leak in the storm drain pipe in my cellar. It used to only leak with heavy rains but now it leaks even when water is poured into one of my backyard drains which lead into the storm...
2
2

another one about wall hung closets
Hi guys I'm new to this group. We just came across some older Am. Std.? wall hung closets and two were cracked (probably from heavyweights dropping down hard) anyway, the existing roughing dosen't...
1
1

Case/Briggs 2 bolt wall hung WC
I hope one of you can help me out on this. I've got a job where, in doing demo, the geniuses threw out the Briggs wall hung one piece WC's. If you're familiar with those water closets you would know...
4
4

drainage
Hi, In los angeles county, what type of drain is required in a churches kitchen.
1
1

You need to read this.
My final point is this......... For everyone who might have followed the water heater conversation between Mike, Bob, and myself, I will let the average homeowner make up his mind about this. I say...
6
6