You need to read this.

My final point is this......... For everyone who might have followed the water heater conversation between Mike, Bob, and myself, I will let the average homeowner make up his mind about this. I say that it IS important to check the Pressure Relief Valve on the water heater, either by the homeowner or a service man, this will identify a DEFECTIVE pressure relief valve an extremely dangerous thing. Bob, and Mike, my American counterparts, say to leave the valve alone, what you dont know cant hurt you.....

Well take a look at this, go to

and look at this yourself. Take a look at the Avon High school cafeteria. While this is a very Very rare occurence, it shows the potential. Newsgroups are not all bad, but if you have a problem of any sorts look it up on the web, or call your local Plumbing professional, and talk to a real person. The water heater "debate" is now done.

Reply to
Taurus

As a 49 year old licensed plumber I agree with Bob and Mike. Relief valve seats get crusted with lime and unless you are replacing the valve or water heater it is bad practice to vent air into a draining water heater by opening the relief valve. The valve will almost never reseat and will drip.

MM

Reply to
Mark M.

Taurus,

First of all, I didn't realize you weren't an American. Had we known, we would have factored in the "plumbing is more primitive where you live" parameter.

Secondly, from your e-mail name, it sounds like you're a woman. This would have also have been factored in since, well, women are dumb about these things. If you are a woman, would you post your picture here? If you're not a woman, could you dress up like one, and post your picture here?

Thirdly, this note was at the bottom of the article you cited.

"Many thanks to Speedy Jim a knowledgable and generous plumber on alt.home.repair for reviewing and commenting on this article."

Now think about this. There's this "generous" plumber who has a nickname like "Speedy Jim" (as a woman, that name should be a turn off, I assume) posts on a DIY newsgroup. If you were really a male plumber, you'd already know that only idiots write and read to a "alt.home.repair" newsgroup. Does this raise any red flags??

We've seen women write here before pretending to be men. They've always been discovered, and they've always posted pictures of themselves. Will you do the same?? If you don't, maybe we'll send "Speedy Jim" your way.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Yeah I thought I'd stump ya by throwing a web site in there, Pretty hard to argue against a web site, So now your attacking me, and making fun of me like a little kid nice, classy. I have gone through and looked at everything that you guys had wrote in past postings, and have noticed that all you do is mouth at people who write responses, again, nice, classy, professional. But before I go for good, you better research game a little, re-read you plumbing code and you pressure vessel act (if you even have one) and then come back here with your rants, if you are setting at home right now and not working, don't bother telling me, I'm sure I know why Cheers.

Reply to
Taurus

Now you're mixing apples and oranges. If the intent is to drain a heater then what the plumbers here have posted is accurate. If you even suspect for a second that the T&P may need attention then have it checked or for the few bucks involved, just change the damn thing.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley

Mike Grooms wrote in news:8cde0$44ff13b2$d8c4b926$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

ROFLMFAO

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

But will you post your picture? Something in a nice evening gown would be nice. Or maybe something in a nice hockey uniform.

I'm now officially bored....

Reply to
Mike Grooms