storing paint for 1 yr or more

1/2 gal of paint stored upside down for 1 yr. It was hard when I opened it recently. How can I store paint for over a year
Reply to
herb1
You should've easily been fine for a year, regardless of which way you had the original packaging can. The lid must be fully seated (literally hammered down) and not just pushed on the best you can manage by hand (no-one's best is enough). However, I've used plastic buckets with lids (joint compound buckets do great) and even 1 and 2-liter drink bottles...no problem, drying nor hardening for 10-years and more.
Reply to
Anonymous

Site Timeline Threads