Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with a dying Orchid
Hi Everyone! I was just wondering if someone could help me with a problem? I’ve always loved orchids and I got one in August as a gift. However two months later it's started to wither, and now the...
1
1

for you hybridizers...
personally, i haven't seen this in my amaryllis seedlings; they're full siblings, and they absolutely duke it out for resources in the pots... Plants Know Their Relatives ? And Like Them! * By Hadley...

help with very special orchid
Last October my husband bought me a beautiful white orchid for our 23 anniversary. He died in February. The plant lost it's last bloom three weeks ago. It was in a very small pot that was so packed...
1
1

Pizza Dough trays = humidity trays
I remember on this group how the question of finding good humidity trays used to come up frequently. recently I learned that the pizza industry uses a standardized tray to ripen dough. A Google search...
2
2

Re: Jungle Feed
Ray Do you reduce the feed rate for pleurophallids & slipper orchids Keith

Speaking of feeding
For the most part I'm lazy I mean all that caculating makes my brain hurt. So as to increase my lazyness I found this; Has any one tried one of these?? I use a hose attached sprinking system in my...

This is getting confusing ?
1 US teaspoon = 0.83 UK teaspoon . I thought a teaspoon was a teaspoon ! Is this crucial when mixing the MSU feed in the Uk .? It is getting late and i am getting more confused after i thought i got...

Reporting in
Hi all. I've been busy working, figured I'd report in before y'all thought I'd died or something. We held a Speaker's Day in Sacramento featuring Roy Tokunaga, Ron McHatton and Carlos Fighetti as well...
3
3

Ants.
Agreed - while ants will not usually "destroy" an orchid (although they will feed on the honeydew from the inflorescences and may damage some plant parts and or roots - they will actively establish a...
1
1

Images of Orchids
Hi everyone, thanks for the information on proper feeding of orchids. Since they can't be in bloom all the time, I have a bunch of orchid pictures in my house, beautiful antique prints from the...

Where are they now?
Does anyone remember a guy in our group that always had nice comments & knew a lot about insects etc., loved wine!!! I lost a lot of my news group people info when my computer died a couple of years...
1
1

Ray's Link
I have tried 4 - 5 times and being the dummy that I am......nothing works. The reason for, "thanks for the memories". Regards, Chuck.

Jungle Feed
Sorry it is called Jungle Green Keith http://snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.ams... http://snipped-for-privacy@newsfe18.ams...
1
1

Thanks for the memories
charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Barkalow - First Rays LLC - Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books, Artwork Free Services & Lots of Info! http://www.firstrays.com/orchidphotos.htm Using...
1
1

A Million Thanks Kye. X Posting
Just want to mention that I had contacted Kye, prior to our new list, regarding the up & down status of his server/news group. My postings were on Kye's request for testing which I initiated before...
9
9