Which type should I start with

I've never grown orchids before but would like to grow ones that hav vivid rich colours. I know there are several types but which typ should I start with as a beginner? Thank

Reply to
PeterGreenMan

Peter,

There are around 30,000 species, 200,000 registered hybrids, and countless unregistered ones, so there is bound to be SOMETHING that will fit your desires.

However, growing orchids is nothing like growing other plants. They are a very highly evolved plant family, and each has its cultural niche, so unless your growing conditions and watering habits match a particular plant's needs, you will have difficulties. Conversely, find a good match, and they can be like weeds!

Please read the following:

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids -
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Reply to
Ray B