Success!

Back about four years ago (5, maybe), on a trip to Motes' Greenhouse and environs, I picked up a Renantanda in bloom. Lovely red thing named Hew Mun, a primary hybrid between Ren. storiei and V. denisoniana.

It never bloomed again. I gave it every possible Vanda exposure for months each time I moved it, and nothing. I was ready to give it away, just in case someone else could coax it to do something. I decided to move it one more time, to an area where it gets the same light it has had but also more intense afternoon light. Now mind you, it's been in that light before with no improvement in performance.

Voila! It has a spike, two weeks after moving it to its new home. If I were a true southerner I'd say Well, bless its little heart!

Nice to have a surprise here and there.

Diana

Reply to
Diana Kulaga