Paph Armeni White.....it's pink

Greetings all,

It's been a while since I moseyed out this way. I hope all of you are well.

I have first bloom seedling (that is actually 6+ years old) of Paph Armeni White (delenatii x armeniacum) that opened this week. Normally, these are creamy white but this one opened up as pink. Not solid pink but the pouch is pink and the petals are overlaid in pink.

It has the shape of Armeni White and the others that have bloomed in the past that I got when these seedlings came in the mail all bloomed as white.

Any thoughts? Is this something that judges would like/dislike?

Gene

Reply to
Gene Schurg

Most are white-ish, the prevailing theory in the past being that delenatii suppresses the yellow.

But I have one now open which is a pale yellow so I guess it's more complex than previousy thought; I'm not sure if it's because I'm growing it cooler or it'll just always be that way.

I'd love to see a pic of the pink one, and would hope to find one of my own sometime, or perhaps a division of yours in the fullness of time. Can you post one to abpo, kye's site or anywhere else we can see it? I'm putting my yellow one on abpo now.

Reply to
tenman