Crepe Myrtle question

Hi all -- I posted this question to the NG last week and it never appeared on my news server, so I apologize if this is a duplicate for you. When I bought my house last year, the landscaper that did the initial work on the property planted three crepe myrtles that are now about 4.5 feet tall. One of them has bloomed three times since planting, but the others have never even set buds. I don't know what the particular cultivars are, I just know that they're supposed to be tree-sized eventually (10-15 feet tall) and each is supposed to have blooms of a different color (the one that's blooming now is deep plum/pink and the other two are supposed to be white and purple). Can anyone think of a reason why two of these three similarly situated crepe myrtles haven't bloomed yet? Are there particular cultivars that don't bloom until later in their growth cycle? Thanks in advance for any info.

Rhonda Richmond, VA USDA Zone 7

P.S.

******** Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.
Reply to
Natty Dread

[...]

Sorry you didn't get a reply from someone who knows. I'd suggest you contact the landscaper and ask where he got the plants and talk to the source if possible.

I've always been partial to the reds and that is all I have.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

I've read Crepes that receive too much nitrogen fertilizer tend to have excessive leaf growth & minimal flowers.

My Tuscarora still has a few flowers even now, in Howard Co MD. My red variety Dynamite, and Lavender/red Seminole stopped flowering over a month ago.

Here is a pretty good site with variety information:

Newsreader