Should I be watering now?

Hi - I'm in Richmond, VA. It's been warmer than normal lately for this time of the year --today it's sunny and in the low 80s -- so I'm wondering if I should be watering my outside plants (mostly liriope, azaleas, nandinas, butterly bush and crepe myrtles). We may still get snaps of cold weather, and I know a lot of plants go dormant in the winter so I don't want to kill anything off by prematurely watering. I think it's supposed to be in the

30s on Monday night. Any opinions on this? TIA.

Rhonda Richmond, VA USDA Zone 7

********** Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.
Reply to
Natty Dread

Phisherman

Rhonda

Good Question

A great article addressing winter dormancy is here

John A. Keslick, Jr. Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

Reply to
John A. Keslick, Jr.

To answer the question of watering . Several machines were available but the best bang for the buck seemed to be the Rapid Rain 860 machine. We purchased it online at http:\\

and have been very pleased . Hope this helps

Reply to
AgMan