Should my maiden grass be coming in by now?

I'm in NW Illinois.

Planted 3 purple maiden grass last year, and they got huge.

In early April I trimmed the dead grass down to about 6".

I don't see any new growth yet. When should I expect to?

Reply to
Anonymous

Compare the recommended planting zone for maiden grass with the zone in which you live. I'm guessing NW Illinois is 4 or 5.

Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

Sorry...correction! Purple FOUNTAIN grass.

Reply to
Anonymous