Range of "Black Spring" in eastern/central US due to April cold

I'm interested in the range of this "black spring" event. I remember a similar thing, in late April, in the mid 1980s, in Lincoln Nebraska, but never one in the southeast. I'm in western North Carolina, and every single blosson out last Friday, is dead. Dogwood bracts appear to be ok. In addition, most of the new leaves on trees have been killed. Only Bradford Pears and Willows are still green.

Please weigh in with your location and whether similar has occurred. Thanks. If it should be done off-list, feel free to email me ( snipped-for-privacy@email.wcu.edu) and I'll summarize and post it here. Thanks,

Pegleg

Reply to
pegleg

The warmth in the winter (JAN) prompted a lot of new growth on the roses. I trimmed my neighbors' and my own this past weekend and MANY dead canes were removed......grrrrr........I think it may have taken the new rhodedendrons I had planted last year as well :( By the way I am in zone 6b - Long Island NY

Reply to
naearthmom