Subject Author Posted Replies

Motion Security Lights
All I can find is wall mount. Does anyone make an eave mount? Some say they can be mounted either way, but they really only work properly mounted to a wall. We have a wall mount mounted to the eave...
6
6

Singing Fan
I have a small window fan in my workshop. It's one of those old metal expandable units that fits any width of window by moving the sides. The fan blade is only about 9 or 10 inches. The motor is a...
11
11

recharge auto a.c.
I have a 1999 chrysler van and the a.c, doesn`t seem to put out very much cold air. I`ve seen the recharge kits at auto supply stores. Do they work and how do you use them? Thanks for any reply
14
14

RF noise in the home
Back in HVAC discussing noisy variable speed fans. Looking at CB and amateur 10/11 meter bands. I have to turn ac off to get good noise levels. Turned cb on yesterday. New noise. Sssss pow. Sssss pow....
2
2

Home Warranty companies
A friend of mine was telling me how his Home Warranty helped him pay for a new AC unit. So I started looking into adding such a warranty to my house. In researching companies on the web it seems that...
6
6

OT: Colorado Fire Evacuees Return To Find Property Burglarized, Vandalized
is it your contention that the only thing that makes and action "theft" is if the stolen item is insured?
11
11

mud rooms
How long has this word(s) been around. I started watching some construction on tv and they give me the impression that the northern part of US (maybe Canada too) uses the term. Well I lived around...
38
38

Gap at bottom of door
I'm in the process of re-painting my front door and adjusting the glass pane in the door. When I took off the bottom cover on the door I discovered yet another trick the builder used to cut costs and...
17
17

Bathroom Scales - Temperature Sensitive?
I'm wondering how temperature sensitive common spring loaded bathroom scale are. I've got a feeling the reported weight changes by about 1 percent when the temperature in the bathroom ours is in...
7
7

Wiring Connections for a 2-Speed Motor
I have a 2-speed shaded-pole motor that was scrapped by someone else from a Sears dehimidifier, Leads are Red, Orange(sort of) and Black. The motor is an OH SUNG Model 4681A20040J. I can...
6
6

Vertical Geothermal HVAC
Recently my HVAC compressor unit was stolen form a vacation home, soon to = be permanent residence. I was thinking about upgrading to geothermal given= that there are already 2 400 ft water wells on...
27
27

The truth about Home Guy's home
"...do Canadians ever threaten to move to America? Not really. They just move here. "According to a report by Statistics Canada about 167,300 Canadian residents moved to the U.S. between 2001 and...
14
14

Installing newLaminate sheets
I am going to redo the kitchen countertops in our house with new wilsonart laminate or something similar. Is it required to remove the old laminate from the countertop, or can one just glue the new...
8
8

OT: DC TO BE DARK FOR DAYS
Drudge is reporting this story as: "DC TO BE DARK FOR DAYS" Besides having the electricity cut, that headline works on at least 2 other levels that I can think of. ============================
12
12

Twitter - 50 Sheds of Grey
Twitter comments on backyard sheds. Samples: "I stared longingly through the shed window & adjusted my trousers. The sight of her dewy, slightly unkempt lawn had awoken my inner gardener." "She told...