Subject Author Posted Replies

home surveillance cameras
Asking for recommendations for a video camera/recorder system for home security. Costco sells several "Q-See" brand packages, but I'm a little skeptical about the quality, based on the price. I'd...
16
16

Bug-A-Salt shotgun for killing flies
"Deep in the DNA of man lies the killer instinct." A shotgun for killing flies. http://dvice.com/archives/2012/07/salt-shooting-s.php
8
8

OT: Is RS-232 ever coming back?
The wall wort for my router died this morning. While I was looking for a replacement in my stash of 30+ wall worts that have piled up over the years, I had to sift through a bunch of RS-232 related...
40
40

Repairing a crumbling brick arch
A local brick mason should advise you.
2
2

Woodpeckers And Siding ?
Hi, Any hints for keeping woodpeckers (type unknown) from pecking on wood siding ? Have the normal horiz. clapboards. Painted. Live in New England. Thanks, Bob
5
5

OT? Why do fans always start out on high?
Why do the vast majority of variable speed fans start out on high? Just about every fan I've used that has 3 speeds - window, ceiling, floor, etc. - all go from Off to High to Medium to Slow. The...
7
7

Insulate an attic.
I am not from that area so I don't know how homes like yours are typically constructed. Is there any kind of access panel to at least let you see into the attic to see what's there -- maybe in a...
4
4

Any experience with home blood pressure cuff
My wife has been harping on me to buy her a blood pressure cuff. Personally, I'm not sure what she plans on doing with it. I don't know anything about them. Anyone here have experience with home blood...
46
46

park bench for my yard
I wanted to get a two-seat park bench for my yard, but I don't want the legs to sink into the ground, and I want it to last a long time. 1) I don't have patio space to put it and don't want to make...
14
14

Dont know the extension cord value
I came across an extension cord that the previous owner left in the shed. I= looked for any writing of the size of this cord...there is absolutely none= . Is there a way to check the gauge of it? It...
38
38

Decking Material: TREX, Or ?
Hi, Live in New England. Lots of snow and cold in winter. Will be going for a new Deck (uncovered) and will most likely specify TREX. But not 100% sure yet. But was wondering: What would be a second...
2
2

Where can I buy ducting wall cap?
I give up!! I just need an 8 inch diameter duct wall cap cover with NO damper built in that will accept the male mating surface of the 8 inch diameter right angle elbow going into it. Again, NO...
13
13

OT: Auto AC
I hope their are some knowledgeable AC mechanics who can help me troubleshoot my auto AC. Simply put, the compressor kicks on and stays on, but very little cool air is coming out. I thought if...
16
16

So let the rains come down...
"[EAGLE POINT, OR] Gary Harrington was also fined more than $1,500 for nine misdemeanor convictions for filling his reservoirs with rain and snow runoff that the state says is owned by the Medford...
20
20

How to Undo Tornado Damage
If a tornado damaged or destroyed your home, yard, or out buildings, you CAN undo the damages. The tornado must be returned to the location of the damage, and it's rotation must be reversed. As long...
2
2