Subject Author Posted Replies

Truss plate deterioration in barns
While searching the web for truss related things, I found this article (PDF). I was not aware of this problem, but it makes sense. These trusses are used in most large barns these days. What is...
7
7

Roof ice dams & steel roofs
When I was young, I remember my parents house always had problems with ice dams in the winter. The roof was asphalt shingles, and had no overhang, except for a rain gutter. I remember several times...
8
8

How are truss plates installed at a factory
How are truss plates installed at a factory? I've tried to install these things with a hammer, and it just dont work. They get all dented up and just dont make a good fastner. Apparently these...
43
43

Cutting 2" Concrete?
Our new house has a "pond", with koi fish, which is actually a concrete lined oval "tub" about 3' deep. I would like to eventually enlarge it and landscape to make it look more natural. Previous owner...
6
6

Why are trusses being used in homes
Seems that every new house I see being built today are using trusses for the roof. I dont understand the reasoning to that. Trusses are great for large commercial buildings and barns, because they...
84
84

Any snow machine men here?
I know I don't need to say this, but I will anyway. ;-) A Google search of 'snow mobile forums' turned up a huge number of forums, some product specific, some just general chat forums. Have you tied...
12
12

Unhappy with Aprilair 600 humidifier
Need to measure water consumption and waste from Aprilaire 600 humidifier It uses heated water and is dumping at least 10+ gallons down the drain, and not doing much to humidify house.
16
16

Demolition job.
This might amuse you. Big change in all the PC health & safety then and now. Fred Dibnah Demolishing Dartmill Tower In 1985 ( Full Version )
12
12

OT: Show of Hands
Has anyone changed their minds on the gun control issue? I have not, I'm still a supporter of the constitution and second amendment.
69
69

water leaking burnham v-14a-t
I have water leaking from my furnace and I am not sure if I will need a new one or not. Do I have to take the whole cover off to see where it is leaking from and if I do what can I use to fix the leak...
17
17

OT, Happy New Year From Central Standard Time
I blew my nose when the clock changed but less than a block away, some penis head emptied two magazines in an AK-47. Last year we had the roof repaired and the roofer found bullet holes in the roof....
2
2

HAPPY NEW YEAR
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!! WOO HOO !!!!!
2
2

OT, Military Collectables
There have been several threads in the group mentioning the military. I came across a delightful website full of eye candy for those of you who have an interest in the military or collecting military...
1
1

From OP: Re Snowblower Problem To HR Bob Hofman et al
Hi, For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread. No idea why. Using Thunderbird. So, will have to start a new one. Sorry. Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear...
9
9

Cutting PVC With a Circular Saw?
I cut PVC on my table saw all the time, using a combo blade. Just go slow so it doesn't chip.
23
23