Subject Author Posted Replies

Booster pump voltage question
Given a choice, run it on the higher voltage. There will be slightly less voltage drop in the wires going to the motor. It will take about 4 amps at the higher voltage and 8 amps at the lower voltage....
3
3

Hot Water Contamination: Nitrates
The building I work at was evacuated on Tuesday and shut down on Wendnesday after about 20 people in one area got sick; they were dizzy and nauseated enough to be taken to hospitals. The hazmat team...
11
11

Air Conditioners
I have a Trane air conditioner that was installed in 2007. I did not buy t he extended warranty. I have had it checked every spring ... and until las t year there was no problem. In April a technician...
7
7

Home insurance rates increasing
I'm in North Texas, near Dallas - I ended a long time business relationship with State Farm insurance about a year ago to buy a homeowners policy from a family member that was starting out with...
55
55

Shoot through the door
So sez Vice President Biden. That will scare people away from the house. He must be getting hold of the same stuff Cheech and Chong used years ago. "Daves not here"
69
69

Good "white paper" on grounding and the neutral-wire, etc
Excellent "white paper" on grounding and the neutral-wire here: More of their white-papers: Enjoy! David http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/SADE-5TNQYQ/SADE-5TNQYQ_R1_EN.pdf...
4
4

Alcohol abuse
A Drunk man is stopped by the Police around 1 am and is asked where he is going at this time of night. The man replies, ?I am going to a lecture on alcohol abuse and ill effects on my health.? Officer...
9
9

Dash Cam...
Before I invest in a new toy [a real dashcam], I thought I might [somehow] hook up my Camcorder, or Digital Camera to the dashboard, and see if I like it first, and really use it. Any ideas how to...
16
16

Another circuit breaker question
Several weeks ago I asked about an oven circuit breaker tripping but then working afterwards. Now, being a confirmed worrywart, I'm very tempted to buy a spare double 40A breaker - just in case. I...
19
19

mold forms on cords, knobs, and tool handles
My shop is in my basement, which has always seemed to be a very dry floor. However, about 4% of my cords, my spare radio and tv knobs, and the handles of my tools get a think layer of some sort of...
118
118

Kitchen floating floor installation
So, I have a 30 year old linoleum floor and I want to change it. Are those new floating type interlocking floors hard to install? I would like to do it myself. How do you do the edges near the wood...
16
16

Duct Cleaning For Forced Hot Air Systems: Good Idea ?
Hello, Have a forced hot air heating system; gas fired. Have read that it is Not a good idea to (ever have Ducts cleaned as this tends to dislodge lint which has adhered, over the years, to the duct's...
15
15

Follow-up on metal in the eye
Follow-up on metal in the eye Well, I had my x-ray yesterday and it showed no metal in the eye. This second chain of xray, MRI, and other imaging labs had a sign-up form that was longer than the other...
5
5

The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye.
The difference between asbestos and metal in the eye. When they give warnings about asbestos, fiberglass, mercury, and many other things, I often point out that the wanings really only apply to those...
2
2

I need a good diamond drill bit
Drilling granite, who makes a good drill bit,burned up all my diamond boring bits and glass bits, these bits work for awhile?.
11
11