Subject Author Posted Replies

why is the fuse blowing??
My craftsman riding mower, Model# 917.275661 run fine for 20-30 minutes then shuts down when the 20 amp fuse blows, it doesn't appear to be hot and will restart and run right away for a short time...
12
12

Coupon semi-scam
I needed to get a work-car painted in order to sell it, so naturally I looked up my nearest MAACO dealer. I found a MAACO shop just a few miles from my house. While I was at it, I looked up "MAACO...
2
2

keeping it level
I am planning to build a retaining wall that will be around 50' in length, using concrete blocks from HD like this There seems to be a ton of laser levelers @ amazon and I am looking for one under...
16
16

Driveway Patching
I have a bad driveway with cracks and missing spots. I am wanting to repair everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have to co me in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a...
7
7

fixing incorrect bathroom vent roof cap
Bathroom vents that goes into the attic is supposed to be connected to a roof cap, but the ones in my attic are just placed under roof vents. Here are some photos: Is this an acceptable solution? I...
7
7

How to attach wooden floor to block basement
In the old days, I know that when they built a concrete block basement, the wooden floor joists were just set on top of the block walls, and they would make the top row of block with a solid topped...
5
5

Pulling well pump
I have a 4" well with a pump 60' down. I am going to have to pull it. Any tricks?
24
24

Best paint for Wrought Iron storm doors?
I'm about to repaint my wrought iron storm / security doors. They are in fair shape. The paint is badly chalked, but there is very little rust. I plan to sand and wire brush as needed, but won't be...
9
9

Toilets again
I'm going to replace our toilets soon. I want to get the new higher ones for my wife's comfort. Seems that both Kohler and American Standard make highly rated ones and I think I have it narrowed down...
12
12

Landlords annual inspection of apartment houses...why?
I've been living in the same apartment for six years and every year I get a brief visit from the landlord. This year was a visit by three unhappy strangers that spent three minutes looking around. Any...
15
15

Does it matter at all whether PVC unions are on one way or the other?
I'm a big believer in doing things the right way, or, at least knowing what the right way is (so that the next time you do it the right way). So I ask what seems like a very basic question: Q: Does it...
32
32

Cutting in reverse
This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I...
4
4

Light bulb for shed
My son reported seeing this on a YouTube video, so I can't vouch for its accuracy. While bemoaning the lack of light in various African hovels and tar-paper shacks, some residents came up with a novel...
24
24

Put lathe screws in the dimples of self-furring lathe?
Doing a stucco repair and using Home Depot self-furring lathe. It's my understanding that ideally the lathe should be in the middle of the stucco. It seems logical to me that the screws should go in...
9
9

Hot water recirculating pump
Has anyone on the group had any experiences with these pumps? SWMBO complains about the time required to get hot water in the kitchen. The hot water tank is upstairs (!!) in a closet, and the kitchen...
12
12