My son has the typical home gas fired clothes Dryer, and a vent tube
leading to the outside.
I stuck my hand in it from the outside, and removed a fair amount of Lint.
But my hand, of course, would only go so far.
He was thinking of using my shop-vac, and inserting it from where it
exits on the outside.
Question: does he run "any" danger at all of extinguishing the dryer's
pilot light ? It's a pretty strong shop-vac.
If so, he would probably have to hire a plumber to re-light it, as he is
very "non-technical". Would like to avoid this, naturally.
(frankly, I am not even sure that there is a pilot light, but it is an
older dryer,and I doubt that it uses any electronic ignition scheme.
But, maybe ?)