Subject Author Posted Replies

Copper
I wonder if handling copper is good. Greg Even at low levels copper can accumulate in the brain and break down the blood/brain barrier, leading to build up of amyloid beta plaques, the hallmark of...
13
13

For nestork
Download Old Versions of CutePDF Writer for Windows - OldVersion.com CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer
1
1

Paint - still with the 'brush strokes' !!
Ok, guys, here's the challenge: What to do to prevent brush strokes. And, don't tell me roll it on, because that just makes the 'brush' strokes different, less controllable, and a giant mess if not...
47
47

Metal porch versus wood porch cover
I am working on 2 bids for a customer who would prefer a wood as opposed to a metal cover for the porch. It would be added on to the house. He is concerned about the strength issue because of living...
4
4

Tip of the day August 22, 2013
Don't you just love working under the sink with a flash light in one hand, a wrench in your other hand, and a backup wrench in your other hand? Oh, wait, ran our of hands. Balance the flash light in...

Do they make a rubbery paint for chipped refrigerator wire racks?
We're giving our old BBQ fridge away to a neighbor's kid who is heading off to college. The racks were slightly rusted from being outside for years, so I dunked them in muriatic and phosphoric acid...
25
25

Fun expanding garden hose
My expanding garden hose arrived, today. It's about 10 feet empty, and expands to 25 feet (yes, I got the tape measure out). Not sure what the ID is, but it's enough to power a nozzle from Dollar...
9
9

New Technology Could Revolutionize Smart Homes And Everything Else
I can think of all sorts of things it can be used for and it is essentially undetectable when imbedded in something. It's a real game changer and should be interesting to see what becomes of it. ^_^...
2
2

Nailing/Stapling new hardwood flooring
I am getting ready to install new prefinished 3/4-inch solid hardwood flooring in a 2nd floor apartment. (I actually wrote about this a year ago and am just now getting around to doing it now). The...
23
23

Switch Replace Question
The main light switch in my bathroom was less dependable. Some times I'd turn it on, but the lights would not go on. So, figured to replace it. It shares a box with a power socket that I used for...
22
22

dripping shower, fix didn't work
I have had a steady drip from the shower. At first turning it off harder s topped it, then that stopped working. So, I took it apart. It's a two faucet shower, unknown brand. The washer on the end was...
18
18

Tip of the day, August 20, 2013, old shop vacs
My six gallon shop vac is from the late 1980s. White and blue steel tank, and still works fine. Well, mostly. * If the air venting gets hot, the system is clogged. Stop and take care of it. * If the...

Push Lawn Mower Needs NO Gasoline
I've developed a new push lawn mower that needs no gasoline or other petroleum fuel. It's pretty simple actually. I built a solid platform out of 2inch treated lumber. I attached four strong wheels on...
8
8

Need advice on emergency bent trumpet horn repair
My grandchild dropped the trumpet, denting the horn: He was crying up a storm (probably because he doesn't want me to tell his mom). Do you think the now-bent trumpet can be saved before mom finds...
39
39

Anyone ever take apart / disassemble a Gardena Turbo Drive sprinkler head?
I've got one of these: Technically it's a Gardena Turbo Drive Sprinkler on a Spike 36849-6. I've got the top grey section separated from the lower orange section, but I don't know if the top grey...
3
3