Push Lawn Mower Needs NO Gasoline

I've developed a new push lawn mower that needs no gasoline or other petroleum fuel. It's pretty simple actually. I built a solid platform out of 2inch treated lumber. I attached four strong wheels on the bottom, and installed a handle on the rear. Then I placed some woven wire fencing on the two sides and made a hinged gate on the rear. (The front remains open). That's all there is to it.

To use it, I put our Shetland pony on the cart. The pony enters from the rear gate, and the pony is tied to the frame so it stays on the cart. The rear gate is closed and latched once the pony is inside. Then simply push the cart around your lawn while the pony eats the grass. That's all there is to it. It works great.

Optional - place a container behind the pony to catch the poop. This poop can be used to fertilize the lawn when you're finished. Without this container, the poop will build up on the mower deck, requiring you to scoop it up with a manure fork. Newspaper or a piece of a tarp on the deck works as well. (Dont forget to give your pony some water every few hours. They wont eat (mow) if they are thirsty.

Note: If you dont have a pony, you can also use a goat, llama, alpaca, or even a large horse, but a horse will require a much stronger deck, strong wheels, and they are heavy and hard to push around. Therefore, a pony, miniature horse, or goat is preferred.

This is the REAL "Wheel Horse"!

Reply to
farmer70664

when I built mine, I used large caster wheels, tied the pony securely to all for corners and just let him roam on his own, no need to bother with pushing when you have a self-propelled, self-navigating unit

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

When I built mine I just let the pony roam free. It was a lot of work to build, but I got through it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When I had my push mower that didn't use gasoline, no pony was involved and it only had two main wheels, plus some wide wheels so the mower wouldn't fall down when I let go. It worked well in the small town I grew up in, but when we moved to the suburbs, what had been farmland, the grass was too thick, and each grass leaf was too thick, to mow by hand.

Reply to
micky

Where I live, the City doesn't plant grass.

Instead, they just cover the bare ground with large rocks.

That way, they just have to spray with herbicide once every spring to kill anything that might try to grow between the rocks.

No need for mowers or goats.

Reply to
nestork

Hi, Mucho complicated. Just let loose few hungry goats and sheep. They will mow and fertilize at the same time.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Great! Pharmaceuticals are currently showing up in our once fresh water supply. I guess we can add herbicides to the slurry.

Reply to
invalid

That's what they did at the Congressional Cemetery, E St. SE in DC. About 30 goats for about 10 days. Not the part with the graves but a wooded part.

(Only a few of the graves are for Congressmen or even anyone famous.)

Reply to
micky