Fun expanding garden hose

My expanding garden hose arrived, today. It's about 10 feet empty, and expands to 25 feet (yes, I got the tape measure out). Not sure what the ID is, but it's enough to power a nozzle from Dollar Tree.

The fitting leaked, on the female end, where it goes onto the hose bib. Not severe leak. I turned off the water, deflated the hose, and tightened. Didn't help the leak, but it made is miserable to get the threads to loosen.

Overall, it looks like a lot of fun. I may buy another one or two, just for the kewl factor. Stores in a very small place. I can tuck one into here and there, and hardly notice it. No information how durable it is, or if it will survive a winter in the car trunk. I doubt either it being durable, or withstanding freeze.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My daughter gave me a 50 ft. "Pocket Hose" as a gift and I just tried it out this week. The thing contracts and expands as advertised and it's very light to haul around. Best of all, no kinking. One thing I noticed though is that the pressure at the nozzle end is lower than with a standard hose. Maybe that's because of the rough interior surface -- more friction for the water.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

That would be my guess, some kind of rough fabric. But, it's small storage space makes it possible to put a length in your car, tool box, etc, where usual hose would not fit. That makes up for the low flow. Better than no flow, you know, bro?

I think if you want high flow, need the rubber and nylon mesh 3/4 inch "good stuff" or some thing like that.

I already have a 50 foot length of "rolls flat" hose in each vehicle. Can't really justify wasting more money. Wasted enough on this one piece.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Curious about them and read reviews on internet. All agree that they are POS's. Most fail in first week of use.

Reply to
Frank

I went to Amazon, and found the same. Thank you, might have saved me a pile of money. I do have the one 25 foot length, and won't buy another.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why do you keep water hoses in your car?

Reply to
badgolferman

I'm a repairman, and also a fire buff. On occasion, I need to rinse things. Today was some what typical, I rinsed the dust out of a refrigeration condensor, about two feet frm a garden hose outlet. I used a garden sprayer, but I could as easily have hooked onto the garden hose outlet. This place had a hose, but many places do not leave a hose out.

I also wonder if some day I'll be first on the scene of a fire, and wish I had a hose. It has happened already.

. Christ> Storm>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The next time you see that commercial, look at the surface they drag it over. It looks like smooth tiles. Let's try it on concrete or asphalt. I wouldn't leave it out in the cold of Winter either.

Reply to
willshak

I saw someone returning one at Walgreen's. I asked the clerk about it and he says a lot of them are returned because they leak so badly.

Reply to
sms

My "Pocket Hose" leaked at the faucet end too; but that's because no washer was supplied with it. I added a rubber washer and it was fine. I agree, however, it's not the best built product that I've ever seen.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic