Subject Author Posted Replies

Wooden patio
Hi everyone, Will a wooden ' patio ' ( require a lot of maintenance and can anyone share some tips to cut down on these maintenance costs? Reliable reputation in building Woodlands patios and decks....
24
24

Fire Extinguishers Revisited
Doing some web surfing, this morning. Find a product called a First Alert Tundra. At least one customer is thrilled: 89 of 95 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Completely...
5
5

What to use to prevent stepping on nails
It's been years since I stepped on a nail, but it happened again. When I'm working on a project, I never leave boards laying around with nails sticking up. I either remove them, bend them over, or at...
27
27

Flooring Transition from Carpet to Vinyl Floor
I am replacing the vinyl floor in a bathroom. Carpet is laid in the hallway that accesses the bathroom. There is no metal threshold. The carpet just e nds at the bathroom doorway, tacked down tight,...
3
3

Borg Warner York Gas Heat Fan
ANyone know how predictable the replacement specs are for a 1965 York Borg Warner Gas Heat fan? WHere I can see pictures of different units to figure out which one mine is? Where any haz mats might be...
3
3

Nighttime Toilet Noise
The upstairs toilet is working perfectly but it frequently makes a loud noi se somewhere down the line when flushed in the middle of the night. It soun ds like someone slammed a door in the basement....
9
9

batts and blown in loft good idea or not?
Hi I'm in the process of remodeling an older home. The insulation in the loft was removed, there was batting and blown, now it's time to re-insulate the loft. I live in Arkansas winter temps sometimes...
5
5

Solid Fuses: Visible Indicator If Blown?
Specially LittleFuse KLK-15 as in This thing is almost certainly blown (ohmmeter shows same reading with or without fuse in circuit)... I'm looking at and looking at it, but can't see any visible...
97
97

Best broom
Need big broom to sweep down dirt pile. What best kind?
5
5

Laying a ceramic floor
Hi, I need some advice please. I am replacing the ceramic tile in the front hall way and I am going to extend it through the kitchen. The front hall w ay has tiles. The kitchen has laminate, that I...
9
9

how to replace ceiling fan with light?
Have been commissioned to remove ceiling fan and install a ceiling light (she no longer wants fan) so anyway took fan down and there are 4 wires..........what is the red wire for? I am thinking black...
20
20

FE by the exit door
Not behan thu fahr! This man mentions some of what we'd discussed. . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I was using a Mr Heater Big Buddy Heater...

We are overrun with roaches
First I tried roach bait. Next I tried boric acid. Next I tried those 4 hour foggers. I have 3 bedrooms upstairs and a 3/4 sized basement with a bedroom/bath down there. I called the exterminator. He...
19
19

OT Act Like You're Being Recorded When in the Heat of an Argument
When you find yourself in an argument, nothing helps more than keeping your cool. That's easier said than done, of course. Redditor platinum95 suggests you'll have an easier time if you pretend that...
2
2

Dirt
Dirt pile not moved still yet