Subject Author Posted Replies

mini-receptacles
Yes, they still sell them. As a Google search would have revealed. Here's one at Amazon There are tons of different types/shapes of plugs. As to the "skirt", it might be an integral part of the...
27
27

Home generator success
My 1200 watt ETQ generator has been miserable. Starts on ether, after endless pulls on the starter cord. Really giving me trouble. I'm running pure gas, 91 octane. Yes, the gas is a couple months old....
21
21

Painting Door Issues
Hi All, I am painting a (cheap) prehung primed door I bought from Home Depot with a semigloss paint. I used Behr at first that I had leftover from another project. It had a tiny bit of Floetrol in it...
6
6

Cabin sealer
I need to do the sticky spray on my wood cabin. A friend of mine says to just go buy a couple of throw away pump sprayers and spray the heck out of it. What kind of spray sealer do I need to look for?...
1
1

baseboards before carpets?
Installer suggests baseboards be installed prior to carpet. Is this simply so he doesn't kick a hole in the new drywall? I thought by installing baseboards last I could eliminate the hump of the tack...
17
17

No primer bulb
Why do some chainsaws not have primer bulbs?
14
14

Refrigerator (fridge side) not cooling
Freezer is fine on side-by-side but fridge side is warm. What are the possible things to look for? Thanks.
10
10

Is this what knocking pipes sound like?
There is a muffled boom type of noise in my home, sometimes loud, sometimes soft. It is not always in the same place. It usually sounds like it is c oming from the crawl space, but also behind the...
32
32

Bending Trex by heating
My previous post on dividing Trex boards into smaller boards has about run its course. Now, I want to know if anyone has ever tried heating Trex (or equivalent) to bend it?
24
24

OT: APC Surge Protectors Recalled Due to Fire Hazard
The surge protectors can overheat, smoke and melt, posing a fire hazard. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled surge protectors, unplug them and contact Schneider Electric for a free...
6
6

Wall paper adhesive
I have to paste wallpaper on a VERY small area, approx 7" x 22".in my bathroom, The area has been repaired and prepped with a premium primer. Went to garage; found my ANCIENT container of wallpaper...
8
8

advice on fixing concrete problem
Hi, On the backside of my house there is some erosion of concrete. This is mainly under a screened in porch and a little dryer room, not the main house. Is there a way I can fix this? Do I just need...
2
2

Price of detergent. Wal Mart vs BJ's
In another thread I mentioned buying a new HE washing machine. They have to use HE type detergent that is low sudsing. (regular machines can use it too) We happened to be in a shopping plaza with a...
21
21

HE Washer
We just bought a new Maytag High Efficiency washing machine. So far, we've only done about 8 loads and it seems to do a very good job. It is scary to watch though. Have you seen one of these things...
29
29

Leaking sprinkler line
4-zone residential system with timer-controlled valves. Just noticed water spurting up alongside the "supply side" of the walk when one particular zone is activated. I've found where the polyethylene...