Subject Author Posted Replies

Carrier Furnace Question
The inducer motor assembly vibrates/rattles when it shuts-down. The unit is 18 yrs old...The inducer motor runs smoothly and continues to spin a long while after power is off. Is this a...
4
4

Neew Years Resolutions 2014
Use spell chekker Lose 10 pounds Clean house, throw otu clutter More time studying scriptures Save money and reduce debt load refrain from flaming the damn idiots who screw up this list Any more...
44
44

Admiral refrigerator lesson
Got a call to fix Admiral side by side, maybe twenty or thirty years old. Not defrosting. The fellow had the heater and termination stat replaced a couple years ago, so it's a known issue. The unit...
9
9

Basement Window Replacement
We have four very old basement windows which are slowly falling apart. I st apled plastic sheeting over them to keep the wind from coming through the g aps in the frame a couple of years ago but want...
19
19

OT: Car windshield cleaning Q?
There are so many DIY'ers here that I thought this would be the best place to ask this car Q? On one of my vehicles (12 years old - parked outside all the time) the windshield has what appear to be...
26
26

Dead door chimes
My GE umpteen-year-old wireless door chimes have been erratic recently and finally died. Yesterday they would only sound every third or fourth button press, then quit entirely. I still had the second...
9
9

inglis direct drive washer grinds and doesn t spin
**i have an inglis heavy duty super capacity washer ...it has started a grinding sound , it doesn t spin as it is supposed to .. it goes a couple inches hesitates and goes again and hesitates and goes...

Safety
Photo of the socket set I melted down when I shorted that battery out 25 years ago. https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1492199_748552478505457_22757588_o.jpg
4
4

Microwave Oven Magnetron Test
I have a non-heating microwave oven that I just opened up. I tested the HV diode and it seems to be acting as a good diode. The capacitor measures 1.0 4 uF and >30 MEG-ohm, so it should also be good....
17
17

termite bait/repellent?
Hi All, My sister in Southern California thinks she may have terminates. She can't afford an exterminator and her health can't take the chemicals. She has a wood floor and a crawl space. Is there...
7
7

OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?
I rented a car this weekend. The tire pressure indicator came on. At my next stop I checked the tires and it turned out to be that the left front tire was low. I filled it up and decided to check the...
76
76

Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?
Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000? Specs for each say XP and later. Canon MG2220 Canon MG3520 HP 2512 Thanks. Bob
7
7

Is there any part of Louisiana that doesn't flood?
Once I buy a house in the suburbs I will have stuff to post on-topic about, but in the meantime since Louisiana has the cheapest property taxes not co unting Hawaii and since my heating bill in the...
23
23

Battery backup to run my furnace?
Hi All, Anyone have a favorite battery backup to run a gas forced air heater's fan in an electrical power outage? Been looking at the Xantrex 802-1500 The above one is a three battery in parallel "A"...
59
59

Splitting 240V
I've got a junction box with some 1953 sheathed cable feeding it. Looks like asbestos fiber sheath with silver spray paint on the exterior. Only 2 wires, both black. Measures 240V rms. Leaving the...
27
27