OT. Lunar pictures

From Wired.com

The pictures were taken in advance of the moon landings.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Do you remember when France - USA relations were VERY strained. Not sure of the source of the strain but was very bad. Then France announced a moon mission to go to the moon site of the US landing, ostensibly to view the site for historical interest. Suddenly, the relations between US and France melted, along with granting of huge trade preferential treatments and concessions AND Frnce never launched that announced mission, nor ever saw it mentioned in the news again.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Want proof it was faked?

Rachael Maddow

I see the lunacy fringe is still with us.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

No I don't recall that. About all I remember is the U.S.-U.S.S.R. competition. We lived on a farm and only got CBS reliably. That meant hours glued to the set watching Walter Cronkite and his model spaceships.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Obvious joke. What is not funny, is a US congressman talking about flag blowing in the wind or something equally stupid.

Reply to
Frank